An ongoing HES Treatment Research Study by GSK for people with an HES diagnosis

ENROLLING NOW

DESTINY study for adults with HES

Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) is a rare condition where certain types of cells in your body are overproduced causing inflammatory tissue damage and dysfunction. The DESTINY clinical research study is looking for participants 18 years of age or older with uncontrolled HES and a history of 2 or more flares within the past 12 months. See if you’re eligible by taking this 10 minute survey.

Take The Survey

About the DESTINY Study

The DESTINY clinical research study is looking for participants 18 years of age or older who are diagnosed with hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) and have a history of 2 or more flares within the past 12 months. Study doctors are testing an investigational drug given as injections to find out if it works compared to a placebo and to determine the investigational drug’s safety in people living with HES.

HES Medical research for people dealing with Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) and have had 2 or more flares in the last 12 months

Who can participate in the DESTINY study?

You may qualify for this study if you:

  • HES clinical trial looking for those 18 years of age or older diagnosed with Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) Are at least 18 years of age or older
  • HES research study participants must have been diagnosed with Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) Are diagnosed with HES
  • Individuals with hypereosinophilic syndrome must have have 2 or more HES flares in the past 12 months Have a history of 2 or more flares within the past 12 months

This is not a complete list of study requirements. The study doctor will review the full requirements for this study with you.

Take The Survey

What can I expect if I decide to participate?

If you qualify, you will be involved with the study for approximately 60 weeks (a little over 1 year).

Screening Period

(1 to 4 weeks)
  • You will be asked about your history of HES and treatment
  • Go over your medical history
  • Go over electronic Diary (eDiary) registration and training

Study Treatment Period

(52 weeks)
  • You will be randomly assigned (by chance) to receive either the study drug (depemokimab) or a placebo. If you meet all of the study requirements, you will have a 66.7% chance (2 in 3) of receiving depemokimab and 33.3% chance (1 in 3) of receiving placebo.
  • Your study group assignment is double-blind, which means you and your study doctor will not know if you are taking the study drug or placebo.
  • You will need to complete an electronic Diary (eDiary) at home according to the Schedule of Activities. You should complete the eDiary at approximately the same time each day.
  • You will have in-clinic and at-home visits, which may include (but not limited to):
  • Physical exams
  • Vital signs measurements (body temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate)
  • Blood and urine tests

Follow-Up Period

(After about 4 weeks)
  • You will receive a follow-up phone call so study staff can ask you safety questions.

What safeguards are in place to help protect study participants?

There are rules in place to help protect the rights, safety, and well-being of people who volunteer for research studies. These rules are put in place to make sure studies follow strict scientific and ethical guidelines. Before a clinical research study can begin, a review board must review the study. This group is called an IRB or institutional review board, and is made up of doctors, scientists, and members of the community.

The hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) research study by GSK is IRB-approved

See if you’re eligible for the DESTINY study by taking this 10 minute survey.

Take The Survey →

Is participation mandatory?
Does it cost anything?

Taking part in this study is totally voluntary and you may stop at any time for any reason. Additionally, you do not have to pay for the study treatment, study supplies, or tests that are part of the DESTINY study.

Participating in the HES medical research study is completely voluntary

What is a Research Study?

Before new treatments and medications are made available to the public, they first have to be studied to make sure they’re safe and effective. That’s where research studies come in. A research study, or clinical trial, is a type of medical research that’s used to determine how well a new treatment or medication will work. The goal is simple: To help doctors find safe and effective ways to treat, diagnose or even prevent all kinds of medical conditions.

Learn More
Ongoing HES clinical trials to help improve hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) treatment

Where can I learn more?

If you’re interested in learning more about the DESTINY study, including potential risks and benefits of participation, you can find additional details at CTGOV.

See if you’re eligible for the DESTINY study by taking this 10 minute survey.

Take The Survey →